Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Marcie's super-easy-even-I-can-do-it stuffed mushrooms

So you will find that I am not much of a cook. However, I do have to cook--as it is part of the job description--but it does not come easy for me. Which is why I absolutely love it when I find a recipe that is easy, tasty and so simple that even I--the Ethel of the culinary arts--cannot screw up. So when my friend Marcie gave me this recipe, I was excited to try it. It involved some of my favorite ingredients: mushrooms, string cheese, bacon bits, olive oil, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.

So how it works is that you wash the mushrooms and then just pop the stems off with your thumb....yeah I had no idea about this concept until she told me. Apparently those stems just pop right off there. All those years of toil wasted.

Next you drizzle olive oil into the mushroom, then cut up chunks of string cheese and place in the mushroom divet-make sure it sits a little high so that when it melts it will fill it perfectly. 

Add some more olive oil and sprinkle your ingredients: a dash of salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, bacon bits here and there, and bread crumbs. Keep an open mind about your ingredients. I am sure there are tons of other ingredients you could add to this recipe. I think adding some tomatoes or even minced garlic might be tasty. Maybe I will even try it with some chedder cheese sprinkled over the mozzarella to add a bit of zest. 
Then pop it into the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Overall this recipe was indeed fool-proof.  So I give it an A for the easy factor and a B for taste. However, I am sure if Marcie made it I would give it an A+ for taste as she has that extra special touch that I am apparently devoid of. If ever I was to come close to resembling a culinary-champ, popping these beauties out of the oven for dinner guests would definitely earn me that title. Thanks Marcie for this simple and fabulous recipe! My pictures don't do it justice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment