Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Super Soak The Alphabet

So I just signed Ethan up for kindergarten...eeek. I can't believe it! I initially intended to hold him back a year but there is a wonderful opportunity to go through an online public school and he can learn at home for FREE. They provide all the supplies, curriculum, offer support and trained teachers to work along side of us, so it just made sense. Rather then repeating preschool, we might as well march on together this year and see how it goes. If he needs another year then we can start him in Kindergarten next year at the Charter school. I am excited but also nervous. It looks pretty rigorous.

So in order to prepare, we have been doing lots of learning activities to get E ready for school.  Here is one of our latest creative projects that he seemed to really enjoy: Super Soak the Alphabet!
 On our retaining wall in the back-yard I wrote the alphabet in chalk making sure to mix up the letters to make it extra challenging. I quizzed him on the location of each letter one by one. When he identified the correct letter, he got to SUPERSOAK it! If he identified the wrong letter...I got to supersoak him ;-). If he successfully made his way through the alphabet then he got to supersoak me! It was a perfect outdoor, hot-weather activity. I give it an A for fun-factor and a B for creativity! I plan on doing numbers next.


1 comment:

  1. I think this is brilliant. I wish I could be so creative, although I don't have kids. I think you should get a B+ for creativity!

    ReplyDelete